How to Get Ready for a New Roof Installation
3 Tips to Help You Get Ready for a New Roof InstallationMost roofs are designed to last between 20 and 30 years, and some last even longer. That means you might have need only one or two roof replacements in your lifetime… so it’s not exactly a run-of-the-mill thing. Use these three tips to get ready for a new roof installation:
- Do your homework.
- Clear out your attic and prep your home for the installation.
- Make arrangements for kids and pets (and let the neighbors know).
Do Your Homework on Roof InstallationsA roof installation is a big project, so you have to do your homework. That includes:
- Finding a reputable, trustworthy roofing contractor
- Understanding the types of roofing available
- Getting a contract in writing that includes a cost estimate and timeframe
- Providing your contractors with easy access to the roof